Type: Retainer Contract, 8-10 hours per week
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
New Media Advocacy Project:
New Media Advocacy Project (NMAP) is a team of narrative strategists working at the intersection of communications, movement building, and cultural engagement. We recognize the power of story and narrative to change power structures and to promote equity and justice, and to accomplish that, we partner with and train non-profits, activists, and coalitions around the world. Our roots are in human rights advocacy and visual storytelling, but we work across barriers to design narrative strategies informed by the science of framing, measurement, and strategic distribution. A leader in the narrative change space, we’ve established a global network through more than 100 civil society partnerships in 30 countries over the last decade.
NMAP is seeking an experienced organizational communications specialist on a contractual basis to manage and build on NMAP’s digital and social platforms. The ideal candidate should have an ability to succinctly communicate complex issues in a dynamic and engaging way and have a background in nonprofit communications and marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing, writing and publishing bi-weekly (every two weeks) newsletters.
- Manage NMAP’s Twitter account, tweeting on behalf of NMAP three times per day Monday-Friday.
- Manage NMAP’s Instagram account, posting three times per week, Monday-Friday.
- Past experience writing about or in the context of human rights or social/racial justice preferred
- Ability to quickly synthesize new concepts, particularly as they relate to narrative change and visual culture
- Experience in nonprofit communications and marketing
- Experience with Medium or a similar blogging platform
- Experience optimizing content for Twitter and Instagram
- Experience with MailChimp preferred
This is a contract position that pays $1,000 per month for 8-10 hours per week. This position is not eligible for benefits.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, three recent clips, and two references to email@example.com with the subject line “Contract Communications Specialist.”